Thursday, June 14, 2012

Balsamic Mustard Chicken

Before my dad went back to weight watchers, my mom and he tried the 17 day diet. The first cycle of the diet is basically grilled chicken breasts with vegetables. For a little variety we made a bunch of different marinades for the chicken. This one is probably my favorite.

Ingredients:
1 chicken breast
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, crushed
Sliced red onions
Sliced mushrooms
Couple tablespoons of fat free, low sodium chicken broth

Directions:
Place the ingredients in a zip lock bag for a couple hours. (I usually do this in the morning and cook it when I get home at night) Place chicken in skillet and pour marinade over it. Cook on medium on each side about 5 min (depends on how thick your chicken is). While the chicken is cooking add sliced red onions and mushrooms. I also added 1/2 tsp. thyme to it. If there’s not enough liquid add a little more balsamic and let the mushrooms and onions cook down. Once the onions have started to caramelize add a little fat free, low sodium chicken broth to deglaze the pan.


Notes:
Sometimes I have or feel like different vegetables so I do those and add them sooner depending on how they take to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment