Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Greek Crock Pot Chicken

Ingredients:
1 Small Whole Chicken (3-5 lbs.), skin removed (I used 4 3.5 lbs of bone in chicken breasts - 4 breasts)
1 Red Onion, diced
2 Cups Vegetable Broth
1 small container Greek Yogurt (6 oz)
1 cup Quinoa
1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Tbs. Oregano
1 Tbs. Basil

Directions:
Place all ingredients except chicken in crock pot and stir well. Add in chicken. Cook on low for 6+ hours.  Serve chicken on top of quinoa dressing. Top with sliced black or kalmata olives and cucumber slices.

Notes: I cooked mine for about 8.5 hours on low overnight and some of the quinoa on the bottom burned. I generally like my quinoa al dente so it was weird for me for it to be this mushy but I guess it makes more of a pesto texture than a grain. 

I'm also not thrilled with my choice to use bone-in chicken, but its what was on sale at the store yesterday ($1.59/lb. holler).  In all of the sauce and how much this chicken is shredding, it may be difficult to get all of the bones so I'm going to have to be careful when I eat it tonight.

Makes enough for 4 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment